I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

International Birthday Bash!

Who knew that I would be celebrating yet another birthday in a foreign country? The big 2-4 was the classiest of all my birthdays so far (although nothing can top the epicness of my 21st....). I was really nervous about organizing anything at all because I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to come to a party...and it also feels kind of weird planning a birthday thing for yourself. (I was seriously missing Diane and her planning skills!) A couple of friends here convinced me that I had to do something or else I would be totally lame, so we booked a table at a swanky bar downtown called Barcode.

When we walked in I was like, SWEET! Totally rockin' lounge bar with fun interior and a great atmosphere. Everyone was ready for a break from the week, so a lot of people showed up and it ended up being super fun! My worries were put to rest and I got to just enjoy a night out with new friends :)

View from our table on the patio...reserved table of course.
Favorite ladies in Taipei!
Chilling with some counselors...they let me into their circle despite the fact that I'm just a teacher haha.
Stationed on the couch ready for other to arrive!
New friends, new city...still having fun!

2 comments:

  1. I WISH I COULD HAVE PLANNED IT AND COME. Sorry for the all CAPS, but I really mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a GREEN couch. It looks like slime from nickleodeon.

    ReplyDelete