I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Beach Adventure

Ever since arriving in Taiwan two months ago, I've been wanting to do two things: 1) get out in nature and 2) hit up the beach. I managed to do BOTH things today...WIN! Despite getting a late start this morning (sleeping in seems to be my new MO in this country), we still managed to get to the beach by 2 pm. I'm pretty psyched because it's so easy to get there from my apartment! Just hop on the MRT (the stop is literally 2 minutes from my apartment) and go north about 7 stops and then you're in Danshui! Danshui is a little boardwalk town that is right on the water. Then we took a taxi for about 20 minutes to the beach. After getting some rays for about three hours (perfect amount of sun since I haven't seen light in like 2 months), we went back into town and got some DELICIOUS food. Like seriously epic dumplings and squid. I want to eat the squid every single day even if it meant that I turned into a squid. See pics below for some visuals!

Not exactly white sand but good enough for me!
Instagram makes me a great photographer! Still in love with my iPhone! 
I was surprised to see so many Asians swimming...but then I realized that they all had floatation devices and were wearing full coverage to avoid the sun.
Very sticky sand!
Cabanas to block the sun. God forbid you get tan!
Ready to dive into the food streets!
Glamor shot with the fancy camera!
Can we say postcard pic??
I want to eat this all over again! They put this delicious sauce on it and then chop it up into little pieces!
YUM! 
Watching the sunset :)
Nice view to the South! 
More snacks! We could have stayed there and eaten all night.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait til the day I GET TO BE IN YOUR BLOG PHOTOS. Sob. Can we start a donation campaign to raise money for my visit? I promise I'll let you eat all my squid. That's how good a friend I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely wish we could of merged beaches!!!

    ReplyDelete