I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Livin' it up in Macau!

Disclaimer: The next few weeks are going to be really busy so I won't have much time to post! (Not that I've been very good about it anyways...but it's just been a crazy whirlwind of a life these past few months).

BUT for now, here's a post about my first visitor (yay Lauren!) and our trip last weekend to Macau. Lauren got here last Thursday late night and I was SO FREAKING excited!!! I didn't realize how much I've been needing to see someone familiar. Sadly I had to go to school on Friday, but since Lauren is an expert Asian traveler, she managed to site-see all around Taipei all by herself - and saw more things than I have the whole time I've been here! The school day felt like it took ages, and when 3 pm finally rolled around, Lauren arrived right on time at the front gate to get the full tour of TAS. We also managed to fit in a visit to the night market before our early pick-up to Macau the next morning.

Ready for our 6 am pick up!
Passports at the ready!
We went to Macau with Georgina, Lori and Cory and stayed in the snazzy Venetian (same one as in Vegas, just way bigger!). It was so nice to get a break from work and from Taipei...as soon as we landed in Macau I was pumped! We had huge rooms, fancy dinners, and great pool time. Lauren brought all the fun clothes and the bathing suit I ordered with her, so I was totally ready to hit the town...and the pool :) We also managed to take the ferry over to Hong Kong on Monday, so now my passport has even more stamps! Score.

Four days did feel awfully short though. And Lauren had to leave on Wednesday morning, which made the re-entry doubly rough. I'm already thinking about the next vacation! Just 6 weeks of lots of work to weed through before then...

Poolside and ready to relax. 
Getting ready to watch the Cirque show (although we never really understood the plot line...).
Looking good for a night out on the town!
Time for a stroll amongst the mix of Portuguese/Asian streets!
Total Asian tourists.
Visit to the Macau Tower...some crazy people like to bungee jump off of it. Not us!
Yummy dim sum in the dim sum capitol of the world...Hong Kong!

1 comment:

  1. Is it self-centered to say that this is my favorite post?? hahaha. I couldn't have asked for a more fantastic and gracious hostess. Taipei exceeded my expectations by far and our vacation was off-the-charts fab! <3

    ReplyDelete