I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Full Swing!

Whew! Can't believe that I haven't had a chance to write a post in over a week! School got underway last Thursday and life has gotten considerably busier and more hectic since then. I'll give a little rundown of life post-Orientation via photos (taken with my new iPhone of course!):

Bulletin boards ready for the first day! Pink and green of course :)
After spending all day trying to come up with what to put on this bulletin board, we decided to let the kids decorate themselves! Also a social experiment to see who would be the first to write...
Ready for the first day of school!
In the midst of all the crazy school stuff, I've also done more exploring of the Tienmu area and have been (slowly but surely) working on getting my apartment to look like a real home, which was helped along tremendously by the fact that my shipment arrived last Thursday!!! No, not the one from Dhaka (that would be too much to ask for) but the one from America! So I now have actual kitchen supplies (no more borrowed plate and silverware) and can microwave things. If only I had made it to the grocery store this weekend...

Moving in the mattresses! Door is open for any and all visitors :)
36 boxes up 5 flights of steps? Sorry mover people!
Yay for friends AND shelves!
Other activities have includes shopping for iPhone covers, eating lots of dumplings, going to birthday parties, and generally just figuring out what my life will be like for the next two years. So far, I think I'm gonna like it! Now if I could just figure out how to add about 5 more hours to every day then I would actually have time to do things...

How cute are these?? Little mouse breads! But then I realized that they might actually have mice in them and I was too nervous to get one.
OMG totally cute pet pig that lives right next to one of the local bars that I walk by on my way home from school. I want to steal him...not for my plate, but for a pet.
Din Tai Fung heaven. Enough said.
New friends! And using Instagram. Love it.
Cory!!! New friend. We share an affinity for taking lots of photos and being dramatic. 
I promise to try to be better about keeping this thing updated but bear with me! I've got a trip to the Night Market scheduled for this week and it might involve eating the famous duck blood soup, so I'll definitely have something to write about after that!

1 comment: