I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Apartment SUCCESS!

Woohoo I signed a lease!!! This morning I went to take a second look at the place that was a little further from school because I couldn't stop thinking about the fabulous walk-in closet, haha. I tried to be very adult and check all the faucets and ask intelligent questions about the hot-water heater, but I really just wanted to jump up and down because I was so in love with it! After about 15 minutes my attempts at a smooth poker-face totally failed and the landlord guy could totally tell how excited I was. When he asked if I wanted to sign the lease right then, I said YES! right away. I am now a proud REAL resident of Section 6! I move in tomorrow and get a couch and a desk on Monday. All I need now is for my shipments to come! Not holding my breath about the Bangladesh one though...

Check out some pics of the new place! It will look more exciting once decorated of course.

The 2nd bedroom is all glass! Very nice and bright.

Master bedroom and master bath...in love with the bathroom!

The walk-in closet that totally sold me on this place.

Hallway from the master bedroom into the living room.

Uh hello all that counter space where my face products will be living.

Brand new kitchen! Note the oven - very few apartments here have ovens so I will be popular  when I bake cookies :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't decide which i like more- the glass bedroom, master bedroom, or walk in closet. aka everything.

    let's be serious...........the closet.

    I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to see it :) 173 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH!!!!!! SO AWESOME!!! You are going to have the best apartment ever. Sorry Laura, I'm moving out of the Rooster Den and into the Kuisle Aquarium.

    ReplyDelete