I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Spirit Week 2014

Another Spirit Week has come and gone, and while it's always a fun week with lots of student energy, it left me exhausted this year! Does that mean I'm getting old? I hope not...

Luckily our 6th graders were pretty into it this year and managed to get themselves fairly organized for the different events. I was (per usual) in charge of the bulletin board along with Lisa and Nikki. The kids picked a fun theme this year (outer space), but at first we were a bit skeptical of the their ability to actually get the board done since most of our lunch "work sessions" consisted of 6th graders gossiping amongst themselves instead of cutting out spaceships. But by the end of the week they managed to get everything up on the board and won 2nd place! A good way to end the week :)

After getting 3rd place two years in a row, we finally managed to get 2nd! Woohoo!

We beat out 8th grade's board....though I actually thought theirs was pretty cute.

Here is the week in review via pics! [Sidenote: the pics aren't the best quality - sorry!]

Day 1: Clash Day. To be honest, not my favorite dress-up day.

Day 2: Pajama Day. Always a favorite!

Teachers enjoy staying in their pajamas, too!

Feeling excited about our pajamas and stuffed animals!!

Ready for the Tuesday games to start...

6th grade got knocked out in the first few rounds of musical chairs. Oh well.

A knight and a pig cape...isn't this what everyone wears for pajamas?

Day 3: Multiples Day...and that meant minions amongst the 6th grade teaching team! We mean business.

We won the award for best costume. Obviously. 

I like that not one of my teaching partners hesitated about dressing up as minions :)

Day 4: Cartoon Day! We were the Powerpuff Girls.

Powerpuff Girls with Professor Utonium (aka Bill Fillbach)

We needed labels so that the kids would know who we were...

Crazy hair day! This is as crazy as I could get by Friday....
And I'm really just glad that we get to wait a whole year until Spirit Week rolls around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment