I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Spirit Week 2013!

What an exhausting week. Between history tests, MUN meetings, finding Spirit Week costumes, working on the bulletin board, and daily assemblies, I've had a lot on my plate! But we all survived! Spirit Week is an exciting time in the Middle School, but it definitely involves a lot of work.

On Thursday the lightbulb seemed to go off for most of the 6th graders, and they jumped whole-heartedly into the cheers and Spirit Week games. It's always nice to end the week with a bang! Here's a photo week-in-review:

Ready to start the games in the Upper Gym!

Multiples Day! 

The Grade 6 Team is always good at matching :)

Oh hey, Seneca Crane, President Snow and Effie Trinket. Hunger Games for the win!

Apparently a child decided that the Kung Fu Panda head was just too much to handle...

The 6th graders eagerly awaiting the next game!

History Teachers win the best costume award on Character Day! (In my opinion)

How preciously cute is this costume?? A brilliant Food Day costume!

Food Day: Black-eyed Peas! Brilliant!

6th grade bulletin board: Deep Sea theme. Sadly we only got 3rd place :(

7th grade bulletin board: 2nd place finishers.

8th grade bulletin board: great art, but I thought ours was cuter!
Yay! One whole year till the next time! My favorite quote about Spirit Week from Tom, the English teacher I worked with last year who retired: "The best part about Spirit Week is Friday at 4 o'clock." Touche.

No comments:

Post a Comment