I'm off on a new international teaching adventure! After spending a year in Bangladesh, I am now heading to Taipei, Taiwan to teach 6th grade at the Taipei American School for the next few years. I'm going to be flying solo on this experience so check in for stories about traveling, teaching, and just living large in the city!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spirit Week Insanity

No, not LINsanity (that's practically over, even in Taiwan). This week was Spirit Week in the TAS Middle School...and man, was there a lot of spirit involved. It was basically a week full of assemblies, games, dance competitions, bulletin board contests, costume contests, and cheer practices. And now that it's Friday afternoon, I am officially exhausted!

Our 6th graders made a valiant effort every day to beat the older grades, but we were never quite able to win the overall day competition...but we did win a few rounds! It was a fun week, but I am definitely glad that I've got a whole year to rest before we need to do it again! Check out some pics below to see what the craziness entailed! (Definitely on the 3 day countdown to Spring Break after this...).

Neon Day in full force! The kids were all pumped up and ready for the competition!
Ms. Tang coaching the relay team participants!
NINJA TIME! Naden represented grade 6 well in black!
Neon teachers! Totally hit up the Shilin Night Market for this outfit.
Hippie Day! Totally groovy!
Grade 6 cheer practice! I was worried the kid was going to beat through the drum...
Angry bird grade 6 team! The kids were in love with our hats.
All different colors of Angry Birds!
Mr. Cook working hard with the 6th graders to create our bulletin board!
Not sure how the kids came up with the "Fear the Boss" slogan, but they liked it!
Grade 7's phoenix board...pretty cool use of paper!
Grade 8's white leopard! (or something like that). I was pretty impressed by the use of materials...and yes, this was the winning one.

1 comment: